Ann Margot Edens Esq.
Chester, New Jersey
Ann M. Edens is a founding partner in the law firm of Iandoli & Edens, LLC located at Chester Commons, 310 Route 24, Suite A4, Chester, New Jersey. Ms. Edens has practiced family law, including adoption, exclusively for over 24 years. Adoptions are near and dear to Ms. Edens who is herself on 2 of the sides of the Adoption Triangle.
Ms. Edens graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Drew University in 1981 and received her Juris Doctor from Cardozo Law School/Yeshiva University in New York City in 1989. She was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar, U.S. District Court of New Jersey and United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit in 1989. In 1990, she received mediation training through the Seton Hall Institute for Dispute Resolution.
The law firm’s practice is devoted exclusively to family law including Adoption. Ms. Edens has practiced in the field of matrimonial law since her graduation from law school. Ms. Edens was appointed to the New Jersey State Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, as well as the District X Ethics Committee, and the District X Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee of which she is a past chair.
Ms. Edens is designated as one of the adoption attorneys recommended by the prestigious Spence-Chapin Adoption Agency in New York City. She has been awarded the BV Distinguished Rating by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings as Very High Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards. Ms. Edens has been appointed by the Superior Court, Sussex County, as a Parenting Coordinator. She also volunteers her time at the Women’s Center at Centenary College in Hackettstown, New Jersey and the Women’s Center at County College of Morris in Randolph, New Jersey. Ms. Edens serves as a volunteer Court Appointed Mediator for the Pilot Economic Mediation Program for the Superior Court, Morris County, and for the Morris County Early Settlement Program.
Areas of Practice:
- Family & Matrimonial Law including Adoption
- Divorce Mediation
- Approved by the N.J. Administrative Office of the Courts as a Divorce and Family Mediator
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1989
- Seton Hall Law School Institute of Dispute Resolution, 1990
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, 1989
- Drew University, Madison, NJ, USA, 1981
Bachelor of Arts
Major – Sociology
Minor – Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Accredited Member – New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators 1996-2010
Past Employment Positions:
- Center for Divorce Mediation
- Ann O’Flanagan & Associates
- Divorce Alternatives
Pro Bono Activities:
- Ethics Committee, 1996 – 2000
- Fee Arbitration Committee, 2001 – 2005
- Fee Arbitration Committee Chair, 2004 – 2005
- County College of Morris Women’s Center
- Centenary College Women’s Center
- Morris County Court Pilot Program — Economic Mediation
- Morris/Sussex County Economic Mediation Program
- Blue Ribbon Panel