Ann Margot Edens Esq.
Chester, New Jersey
Ann M. Edens is a founding partner in the law firm of Iandoli & Edens, LLC located at Chester Commons, 310 Route 24, Suite A4, Chester, New Jersey. Ms. Edens has practiced family law, including mediation, exclusively for over 24 years. She has been an advocate for mediation as an alternative to litigation, long before most of her peers.
Ms. Edens graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Drew University in 1981 and received her Juris Doctor from Cardozo Law School/Yeshiva University in New York City in 1989. She was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar, U.S. District Court of New Jersey and United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit in 1989. In 1990, she received mediation training through the Seton Hall Institute for Dispute Resolution.
The law firm’s practice is devoted exclusively to matrimonial law/mediation. Ms. Edens has practiced in the field of matrimonial law since her graduation from law school. Ms. Edens was appointed to the New Jersey State Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, as well as the District X Ethics Committee, and the District X Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee of which she is a past chair.
Ms. Edens serves as a volunteer Court Appointed Mediator for the Economic Mediation Program for the Superior Court, Morris County, and for the Morris County Early Settlement Program. Ms. Edens has also been appointed by the Superior Court, Sussex County, as a Parenting Coordinator. She also volunteers her time at the Women’s Center at Centenary College in Hackettstown, New Jersey and the Women’s Center at County College of Morris in Randolph, New Jersey.
Areas of Practice:
- Family & Matrimonial Law and Divorce Mediation
- Approved by the N.J. Administrative Office of the Courts as a Divorce and Family Mediator
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1989
- Seton Hall Law School Institute of Dispute Resolution, 1990
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, 1989
- Drew University, Madison, NJ, 1981
Bachelor of Arts
Major – Sociology
Minor – Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Accredited Member – New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators 1996-2010
Past Employment Positions:
- Center for Divorce Mediation
- Ann O’Flanagan & Associates
- Divorce Alternatives
Pro Bono Activities:
- Morris/Sussex County Economic Mediation Program
- Ethics Committee, 1996 – 2000
- Fee Arbitration Committee, 2001 – 2005
- Fee Arbitration Committee Chair, 2004 – 2005
- County College of Morris Women’s Center
- Centenary College Women’s Center
- Blue Ribbon Panel