Ann Margot Edens Esq.
Chester, New Jersey
Ann M. Edens is a founding partner in the law firm of Iandoli & Edens, LLC located at Chester Commons, 310 Route 24, Suite A4, Chester, New Jersey. Ms. Edens helped develop and truly believes in the firm philosophy “Divorce Doesn’t Have to Destroy.” Before founding Iandoli & Edens with Josephine B. Iandoli, she worked at another New Jersey family law firm for four years. She was shocked and dismayed at the havoc that befell many families, both emotionally and financially. As a partner at Iandoli & Edens, she has represented high income clients, often those who own their own businesses. Being a business owner herself, preservation of the assets of a business for both parties is understandably crucial.
Ms. Edens graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Drew University in 1981 and received her Juris Doctor from Cardozo Law School/Yeshiva University in New York City in 1989. She was admitted to the New Jersey State Bar, U.S. District Court of New Jersey and United States Court of Appeals Third Circuit in 1989. In 1990, she received her mediation training through the Seton Hall Institute for Dispute Resolution.
Ms. Edens’ practice is devoted almost exclusively to matrimonial law/mediation. Ms. Edens has practiced in the field of matrimonial law since her graduation from law school (over twenty-seven years) and has been mediating for over twenty six years. Ms. Edens was appointed to the New Jersey State Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, as well as the District X Ethics Committee, and the District X Ethics Fee Arbitration Committee of which she is a past Chair.
Ms. Edens also volunteers her time at the Women’s Center at Centenary College in Hackettstown, New Jersey and the Women’s Center at County College of Morris in Randolph, New Jersey. Ms. Edens serves as a volunteer Court Appointed Mediator for the Pilot Economic Mediation Program for the Superior Court, Morris County, and for the Morris County Early Settlement Program and Blue Ribbon Early Settlemant Program. Ms. Edens has been appointed by the Sussex County Superior Court as a Parenting Coordinator. She is designated as one of the adoption attorneys recommended by the prestigious Spence-Chapin Adoption Agency in New York City.
Areas of Practice:
- Family & Matrimonial Law
- Divorce Mediation
- Approved by the N.J. Administrative Office of the Courts as a Divorce and Family Mediator
- New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1989
- Seton Hall Law School Institute of Dispute Resolution, 1990
- Mediation Training
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York, 1989 Juris Doctorate
- Drew University, Madison, NJ, 1981
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major – Sociology
- Minor – Psychology
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section Member
- Accredited Member – New Jersey Association of Professional Mediators 1996-2010
Past Employment Positions:
- Center for Divorce Mediation
- Ann O’Flanagan & Associates
- Divorce Alternatives
Pro Bono Activities:
- Ethics Committee, 1996 – 2000
- Fee Arbitration Committee, 2001 – 2005
- Fee Arbitration Committee Chair, 2004 – 2005
- County College of Morris Women’s Center
- Centenary College Women’s Center
- Morris County Court Pilot Program — Economic Mediation
- Morris-Sussex County Economic Mediation Program